What is Movers for Moms, and when is it happening this year?
We are SO excited about this year’s Movers for Moms campaign! Most people don’t know that TWO MEN AND A TRUCK was originally founded by the mom of the original “two men,” and we’ve always dedicated our organization to benefiting moms in need around the country. Every year, every single United States TWO MEN AND A TRUCK location hosts Movers for Moms to benefit a local women’s or family shelter for Mother’s Day.
Locally, our Nashville Movers for Moms campaign aims to collect necessity items (such as toiletries, health products, baby products, etc.) for the deserving moms at Safe Haven Family Shelter. This year, our goal is to collect 2,000 necessity items for Safe Haven moms between March 24 and May 4! We’ll bring the final collection to Safe Haven the weekend of Mother’s Day.
Find out how many donations we ended up collecting by clicking here!
Where were the Movers for Moms collection boxes?
In April 2016, you could find a Movers for Moms box at all of the following locations:
The Gulch & Midtown
1. Barre3 (The Gulch) | 501 12th Avenue South
2. CrossFit Gulch | 602 9th Avenue South
3. Sculpted Edge Hair Art | 700 18th Avenue South
4. Ardon House Salon | 700 18th Avenue South
5. Atelier Upton Salon | 223 Chestnut Street
6. FiftyForward Knowles | 174 Rains Avenue
7. Nashville School of the Arts National Honor Society | 1250 Foster Avenue
The Nations & West Nashville
1. Yoga Harmony | 4920 Charlotte Pike
2. The Wilson Group | 304 42nd Avenue North
3. Barre3 (West) | 73 White Bridge Road #125
4. ILoveKickboxing | 73 White Bridge Road #118
5. Orangetheory (West Nashville) | 6720 Charlotte Pike
6. Gold’s Gym | 7062 Highway 70 South
7. Blooma Yoga | 4107 Charlotte Avenue
Green Hills & Berry Hill
1. Krank Nashville | 2148 Bandywood Drive
2. Gymboree Play & Music (Hillsboro) | 4004 Hillsboro Pike #180
3. Zeitlin | 4301 Hillsboro Pike #100
4. Tandem Realty | 2906 Berry Hill Drive
1. Serenite’ Fitness | 2038-A Greenwood Avenue
Donelson & Hermitage
1. Daymar College | 560 Royal Parkway
2. Wilson Bank & Trust | 217 Donelson Pike
3. Picture This | 3883 Lebanon Pike
4. Shank Insurance | 5760 Old Hickory Blvd #105
5. Donelson Hermitage Chamber of Commerce | 125 Donelson Pike
6. TWO MEN AND A TRUCK Hermitage |
1. Antioch High School DECA Club | 1900 Hobson Pike
What local Nashville events benefitted Movers for Moms this year?
March 24 @ 7 pm: Sculpted Edge Hair Art‘s Client Appreciation Event | –INVITATION ONLY– Guests can bring a donation to Movers for Moms to cover admission, and 5% of Reference of Sweden product sales will benefit Safe Haven Family Shelter
Month of April: Yoga Harmony’s Community Classes | Instead of paying Yoga Harmony’s regular class rates, make a $10 minimum donation to Movers for Moms during April’s community classes
April 2 @ 6 pm: Wedgewood-Houston Art Crawl | Atelier Upton Salon (Stop S) will be collecting Movers for Moms donations for April’s crawl, and 10% of Art by Jessyca Myers sales will benefit Movers for Moms
April 16 @ 10 am: The Nashville Mom’s Birthday Bash | Bring a Movers for Moms donation in lieu of an admission fee
April 22 @ 11:30 am: DHCC Women in Business Lunch | Bring a Movers for Moms donation to the DHCC’s monthly WIB lunch, and enter to win Movers for Moms merchandise
May 3 @ 5 pm: Kendra Scott Shopping Party | Bring a Movers for Moms donation for a chance to win a special Kendra Scott jewelry set & Movers for Moms merchandise; 20% of the shopping party sales benefit Safe Haven
May 3 @ 5 pm: Picture This 20th Anniversary Event | Bring a Movers for Moms donation for a chance to win door prizes
How can I help spread the word about Movers for Moms in Nashville?
Thank you for helping us get the word out about this amazing cause! Please download & share these infographics about Movers for Moms’ donations and events on your social media!
I have other questions about Movers for Moms!
We’re so glad to hear that you’re excited about our Movers for Moms campaign! For more information, please contact our Marketing Director, Jenni Hargrove, at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also give us a call at 615-248-6288!