Whether you’re getting ready to interview for a position at Two Men and a Truck Nashville or another company in town, you’ll want to be on the top of your game during the application and interview process! To help you nail the interview, we asked our hiring manager, Nick, for his advice on how to make a great first impression. Here’s what he had to say:
1. Be sure to fill out your application completely. Even though some company applications can be multiple pages long, each question is asked to get an idea of your previous experience and skill set. An incomplete application not only looks unprofessional, but also gives the impression that the applicant won’t be willing to follow instructions on the job.
2. Arrive to your interview on time, if not early. This reflects the type of employee you’ll be. When you arrive early to your interview, I know I can count on you to arrive on time each morning.
3. When you arrive, pay attention to road signs. Especially in a city, parking can be difficult because there are no parking zones, meters, reserved spots, and private garages. Take this into account when you decide what time to leave for your interview. If you park in a reserved spot in our parking lot, I’ll notice!
4. Bring a form of identification with you. Businesses need to verify your identification, background, and work status before being able to hire you. At Two Men and a Truck Nashville, we can usually hire you on the spot if you qualify for the position. However, forgetting your ID can slow down the hiring process.
6. During your interview, keep eye contact with the hiring manager. This lets me know that you’re listening, and shows your interest in the position.
7. Be engaging! I’m looking to hire team members who are enthusiastic and personable in their jobs. It sounds simple, but smiling is a great way to show your excitement for the job opportunity. And it’s okay to ask questions about the job, too!
8. Leave food and drinks outside the office. This seems obvious, but bringing your soda into an interview is extremely unprofessional. Make sure you arrive hydrated and ready for your interview so you can feel comfortable.
How can we “move” your career forward? Right now, we’re hiring Movers, Drivers, a Marketing Assistant, and Marketing Interns! Apply for one of these positions here or give us a call at 615-248-6288 for further information!
Do you need to get a free estimate for your upcoming move? Click here to visit our website or give us a call at 615-248-6288!