The key to stress-free moving is preparation. You already know that you’ll need a basic tool set including a hammer, screwdrivers, pliers, and wrenches. But in order to be well-prepared for your new home, add these other helpful items to your “move-in toolkit” as well:
- Duct tape: This kind of goes without saying. This versatile staple can be used for quick fixes ranging from a torn shower curtain to a hole in your window screen.
- WD-40: You probably already know you can use this to spray a squeaky door frame or quiet a noisy garage door. But did you know this amazing product can also be used to separate stuck glassware, remove tough scuff marks from walls and floors, clean oil spots from a driveway, and banish lime stains from your toilet? Check out this link for 51 uses for WD-40. (PS – it can also remove duct tape!)
- Sticky notes: This cool trick makes it easy to hang photo frames and wall art in no time flat.
- Magic Eraser: This little guy is essential for removing soap scum, erasing crayon from walls, getting rid of rust, removing stains from microfiber upholstery, eliminating permanent marker, and getting patio furniture sparkly clean.
- Baking soda, lemon & vinegar: Use this magical formula to clean your whole house including your coffeemaker, baseboards, any areas with mold and mildew, mineral deposits on bathroom fixtures, oven spills, microwave & refrigerator, and more! Best of all, it’s 100% natural so it’s safe for pets and kids.
TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® is the first and largest franchised moving company in the United States. We serve the Mesa/Gilbert, Phoenix, and Tucson, Arizona areas. Let us help move you forward too! For more helpful tips and information on moving services, subscribe to our blog or like us on Facebook: TMT Mesa – TMT North Phoenix – TMT Tucson.